Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Rains

My mood fixers, my emotional panacae, the rains..

I'd always hated books which had the words, "....the sun smiled down/ the golden sun shined bright and gay, clear skies and gleaming sunlight..." you know what i mean....
Why don't happy scenes start with a cool breeze that turns into a softly caressing wind? Why don't dark, thick, nimbus clouds cover the whole sky and all greens look greener and everything starts looking new.

The whole affair starts with the sky turning deep grey, and the winds blowing cool and fast. Then, when the first drop falls from the heaven, the thrill that I feel is inexplicable...It must be perspicuous to poeple who love the rains.

The smell of the damp mud...hmmmmm...who doesn't like it? I love watching people's smiles reach their ears... Happy for the monsoons to have turned up... Splashing gaily in the puddles that the waters fill. Little children happily sailing paperboats and racing against their friends. little, fallen leaves and flowers flowing with the streamlets.

I feel happy when I hear frogs croaking everywhere around my house. the crickets chirp from the dark corners. I love the cool weather that the rains leave behind. Everything everywhere wet. Little streams flowing on roads, the smell of hot, fried savouries.....mouth-watering...!

I sit near the window and watch the clouds and the directions the raindrops change with the course of the wind. Aren't we like the raindrops too? Changing DIRECTIONS per the course of fate and chance. The overall aesthetic pleasure that the monsoons provide is beyond verbal explainantion!!!

I hope we have six month rains and the periods extend to stretch throughout the year!!!

3 comments:

Chandan said...

You got some nice vocab, picked up some words

Pathi said...

Monsoon … Nimbus clouds, dark sky, thunderstorm, lightning, downburst, sweet drizzle, cool wind, splashing puddles, change of patterns, reversing the season, transformations everywhere…who cannot Love It !!

priyank shah said...

just the way i feel, i love rains too